- What is one month car insurance ?
- What’s Covered Under Temporary Car Insurance?
- Who Might Need A Temporary Car Insurance?
- What You Need to Know Before Buying Temporary Car Insurance
- Should You Go for One Month Cover
- What are the Benefits of 1-Month Car Insurance?
- Who Needs It
- Where You Can Buy 1 Month Car Insurance Policy ?
This is referred as Temporary or short-term car insurance which is an alternative to the 12 months policy. As the name is self-explanatory, the period for this type of insurance is less than 28 days.
1-month car insurance is ideal when you require temporary cover for a few weeks.
This can be termed as a short term solution where you may have to borrow a car but are not covered by the existing insurance policies.
One month car insurance is cost effective than buying a new policy or making changes to an existing one. Irrespective of the reason, if you are borrowing a car from your loved one or your friend, as per the law, you need to have insurance. One month insurance is the cheapest way to get the cover you desire.
What’s Covered Under Temporary Car Insurance?
Depending on the kind of temporary insurance you decide to purchase, you will have different coverage options. Basically, inquire about the following basic car insurance coverages, to best understand the policy before you buy it.
- Comprehensive Coverage
- Collision coverage
- Loss of Use
Who Might Need A Temporary Car Insurance?
- People visiting a country on vacation for a short-term and buying a temporary car for the purpose of their visit.
- People using a ride-sharing service, who need insurance for when they are driving, but do not actually own the car.
- People who will rent a car that they do not own
- People borrowing a car from a friend or family member
- People using ride-sharing, or if they do not own the car but will be driving frequently.
- People who are buying a car for a short period and then plan to resell it.
What You Need to Know Before Buying Temporary Car Insurance?
- Before you decide you need to buy a car insurance policy for temporary reasons, contact your last car insurance company , and explain your circumstance to them.
- Find out if you can purchase an insurance policy with a shorter term, for example, a 6-month car insurance policy.
Should You Go for One Month Cover
Even if you find the annual policy is a cheaper option, there is no harm in taking a short term policy. Some insurance companies will make you pay the full premium when you make a claim.
Affordable one-month car insurance in also avoids taking out an annual policy when you don’t need it for that long. Getting 1-month car insurance is quick and efficient as you can receive a quote and book it online, with cover starting from 15 minutes later.
What are the Benefits of 1-Month Car Insurance?
Let us discuss the benefits you get to enjoy if you go for one month car insurance –
- You get to arrange this cover swiftly; moreover, you also get to print off the document without wasting your precious time.
- One month insurance cover can prove beneficial if you are going on a vacation and looking to borrow a car.
- You can opt for one month car insurance cover for family members. It can come handy when your kid comes home from University for the vacations and want to use your car.
- You can also use this insurance coverage when your car has gone in for a service or to have repair work done.
Who Needs It
One month car insurance is common amongst the following customers –
- Frequent Travelers
- Mechanics and Garages
- People looking to sell off their car
- Importers and Exporters
- Motor Vehicle Traders
Where You Can Buy 1 Month Car Insurance Policy?
Most car insurance companies offer insurance terms of only six or 12 months — but the good news is that you don’t have to pay for the policy in full at inception.
If you need car insurance for just one month, you can purchase insurance for the shortest term offered .